Thursday, May 19, 2011

CDC: Preparedness 101: Zombie Apocalypse



By Reginald Kaigler (DEMCAD)

If you haven't, you better start preparing for an emergency of epic proportions. The next crisis could be a dollar crisis, power grid failure or even a zombie attack. No, I'm not kidding around. The Center For Disease Control (CDC) is providing information on a possible zombie attack. They even have a page on their website entitled "Preparedness 101: Zombie Apocalypse." Clearly, this is a gimmick to raise awareness about preparation, but it's obviously working. But even Fox News is covering this strange story. The CDC warns people to acquire the folloy list of goods.


"# Water (1 gallon per person per day)
# Food (stock up on non-perishable items that you eat regularly)
# Medications (this includes prescription and non-prescription meds)
# Tools and Supplies (utility knife, duct tape, battery powered radio, etc.)
# Sanitation and Hygiene (household bleach, soap, towels, etc.)
# Clothing and Bedding (a change of clothes for each family member and blankets)
# Important documents (copies of your driver’s license, passport, and birth certificate to name a few)
# First Aid supplies (although you’re a goner if a zombie bites you, you can use these supplies to treat basic cuts and lacerations that you might get during a tornado..."


Can someone explain to me why you would prepare for a zombie apocalypse without a gun? Frankly, a gun is the first thing I would get. An AK-47 would be effective, while allowing you to put some distance between you and the undead. My only concern about a shotgun would be allowing them to get too close to me and somehow getting their blood in an eye or a cut. You know rules about zombies.

Get food, water, medicine and tools. I've been saying this for years. Okay, only 2 and a half years, but still, I've been warning people through my videos on youtube. I must have uploaded over 8 bug out bag videos and dozens of videos on emergency preparedness. Recently, I joined Doc and James Wesley Rawles on the The Watchmen Radio Network (thewatchmen.fm) to discuss emergency preparation ideas. As usual, Rawles brought a plethora of important and I highly recommend you check it out. I also recommend you check out his blog (survivalblog.com).

I recently did a short video on how to get started with your preparations, the video is embedded at the top of this page.




James Wesley Rawles' Survival Blog


CDC: Preparedness 101: Zombie Apocalypse

No comments:

Post a Comment