Thursday, July 15, 2010
If I Were President...
Over the last two years, I have complained about the incompetence of Bush and Obama in a very public forum, so now I will lay the ground work for what I believe is the solution to some of our nation's problems. I will explain what I, Reginald Kaigler, would do if I were President of the United States at this very moment.
1. Wave the Jones Act
Wave the restrictions and allow foreign ships to help BP clean up the oil spill.
2. Stop all bailouts and stimulus.
Declare an official end to both.
3. End the Wars
Issue an executive order to begin pulling our soldiers out of Iraq and Afghanistan. 100% of them.
4. Re-instate Unemployment Benefits
Consider creating a specialize unemployment program that allows people to collect benefits, but allows the government to receive limit labor from unemployed workers with special skills.
5. Investigate Financial Fraud
Create an independent unit to investigate the financial fraud that led to the financial crisis of 2008. This unit should focus on derivatives, Goldman Sachs, Bank of America, Wells Fargo, etc.
6. Cut the Budget Dramatically
Cut most of the Department of Education
Cut most of the Department of Interior
Cut the budget for most of the remaining agencies and departments by at least 20%.
7. Money Purity Reorganization
Force organizations to prove that their derivatives are real money. The idea would be to weep the derivatives out of the system. Frankly, i would need people who are a lot smarter than me to make this happen.
8. Proposal a new flat tax to Congress and eliminate the IRS.
9. Support Ron Paul's bill to audit the Federal Reserve.
10. Close 70-90% of all of our military bases in foreign countries.
So what should President Obama do right now?
1. Forget about the mid-term elections. The Democrats are toast.
2. Fire your economic team.
3. Focus on relieving the economic pain. Make sure that the unemployment benefits are re-instated or at least speed up the withdrawn from Iraq. Forget about leaving a permanent force of 30,000 to 50,000 in Iraq. We can't afford the wars.
4. Look at the list above.
5. Stop talking nonsense. The economy isn't getting better so stop lying to us like we're 8 year olds. Be frank.
6. Fire Rahm! Actually, you need to fire a lot of people, because you have been receiving some terrible advice.
7. Stop playing the race card, it only turns whites against you.
8. Stop blaming Bush, it only makes you look weak.
9. Be forget about transforming America. At this point, you'll be luck if you can preserve it.
In conclusion, my solutions would be very difficult to accomplish and some one them may not work. Nothing is guaranteed, but if this president continues down the current path, he will risk destroying this nation. It's time for President Obama to make some hard choices right now while they are still available.