Friday, December 11, 2009

A Second American Civil War



As unlikely as this scenario may seem to many Americans, I think that it was be unwise to discount the rising tensions boiling over in this country. Last month, an article popped up on the European Union Times' website claiming that Russian Military analysts believed that U.S. President Obama was secretly preparing the U.S. military for a civil war this winter. Now, rather the article is the result of propaganda or real reports is up for debate, but I think the article is tipping into a real fear that many Americans possess.

In the last 10 years, our government has move so far away from the U.S. constitution (and common sense for that matter) that the country has moved dangerously close to a revolution. With 1/5th of Americans unemployed (or underemployed) and over 35 million living on food stamps, many Americans are beginning to lose hope in the American dream. I think people no longer view the government as a protector. Americans are realizing that no matter what they do, the U.S. government imply don't seem to care about them. We saw this last year when Americans overwhelming called Congress members to recanted the the BAILOUT, only to be ignored by both Republicans and Democrats.

Now, I'm saying that we will definitely see a Civil War, but if the economy continues to deteriorate and government continues to ignore the people, well, all bets are off.

7 comments:

  1. "Now, I'm saying that we will definitely see a Civil War"

    Freudian slip?

    .... or a realistic recognition of things to come?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope so too, but I'm afraid that the continuing actions of the political & financial elite will make revolution inevitable at some point in the not-too-distant future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree and I've been trying to spread awareness for months.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Civil War was a war between the States; I do no think we will see that kind of war. The war will be a Revolutionary war much like the 1st one that started this country: Patriots against its own government, We the People vs the government. JMO

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw that article too. I think its possible that the Russians want a civil war to break out, so they might be trying to push us in that direction.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We can brake the economic system of the US by sold US Treasures and I can't understand why we haven't done it.
    But definitely Russia doesn't want an American civil war.

    ReplyDelete